You're nothing to me but baggage

Reputation Has Blunted Me

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I just found out that a girl i've gone to school with and had an on/off friendship with since I was 5 is getting married. It is also a shotgun wedding; how perfect.

When I told my brother he replied with:"Are you really surprised? I could always see that coming, even when we were kids"

Predictions are not always accurate but they always prepare for the worst: a pregnancy, disease, number of sexual partners, who will go places and who won't. Once in awhile someone will struggle and break out of the cliche that has been molded for them but usually no one changes; futures are evident from childhood, Jr. high suspensions, drunken high school parties, sleeping with a co-worker. It all seems so cut and dry; some people are successful and some aren't. The odd person refuses to choose and lingers between decision and failure. I think my deepest fear is being in the area that is overshadowed by success but a step above trashy. I guess it's just sad that people have to go a certain way because it's expected, or it's easy or because their parents did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home